The financial regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority has raised its expectations of financial firms and the way they treat consumers with the introduction of the Consumer Duty rules. The new rules mean that all customers, which includes credit union members, should receive fair value and products with proper consideration of customer needs and to meet their financial objectives.
Under the new regulations firms will have to:
- Make it easier to switch or cancel products.
- Provide helpful and accessible member support.
- Provide timely and clear information about products and services.
- Provide products and services that are right for members.
- To ensure charges and fees are reasonable.
The main principle behind the new regulation is to ensure firms deliver good outcomes for customers.
Somerset Community Credit Union is committed to providing good outcomes for our members.
- Our governance arrangements ensure effective oversight with robust systems and controls.
- New products will be designed to meet the needs of members and deliver good outcomes.
- Existing products are reviewed to ensure they are suitable for members needs and deliver good outcomes.
- Staff will be trained to identify financial vulnerability and members will be provided with support according to their needs. This will be timely and appropriate.
Treating Customers Fairly
Somerset Community Credit Union has its members at the centre of its strategy.
Our members are at the centre of our strategy. Our priority is to provide them with good value products and services.
We are committed to ensuring our members, volunteers and employees, want to take advantage of our products and services and recommend us to their families, friends and colleagues.
We treat our members fairly and deliver high quality products and services throughout their relationship with us.
Our Products and Services
We endeavour to produce clear and easily understood literature and ensure that it does not contain any hidden conditions and complex technical definitions.
In line with our objects, we listen to our members, understand what is important to them and aim to improve our services accordingly.
Our employees are critical to delivering a positive member experience and treating members fairly. Our culture is to encourage and support through training and example to help our employees deliver this.
Our volunteers are committed to treating members fairly as our reputation and success are dependent on member satisfaction and we will strive to meet the needs of our members and lead by example.
Please contact us:
Bridgwater Office: 07732 500501 or email email@example.com
Taunton Office: 01823 336425 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Credit Union will aim to respond within 2 working days
If you feel you need help please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss your situation so we can see if we can help. If you feel you need independent advice please contact the links below or give them a call on the numbers shown.
www.stepchange.org – 0800 1381111
http://www.tada.org.uk/ – Taunton area debt advice 07921 526087